BahamasSecurity.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Software > Dahua Downloads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PSS v4.06 no video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote E3xtc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSS v4.06 no video
    Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 11:29pm
Hello

First time caller here :)

I have just put together a camera setup and installed the PSS software. Everything was going fine - able to view the live footage, etc. However when going into Playback and selecting the file I want to playback, nothing happens. The screen has a X1 (or X2 depending on how fast/slow you are running it) to imply something is playing, however the slide bar doesn't move and no image is displayed.
What is interesting is that someone else has connected to my camera from another machine (running the same version of PSS) and they are able to use Playback and download files as expected.
So therefore I assume it is something to do with my computer.

I covered off the following:

Reinstalled the PSS software (a few times - purely out of frustration)
Ran PSS under compatibility mode (for XP)
Ran PSS as Administrator
Check video drivers - they are current NVidea drivers

My computer is x64 Win 7

Any ideas to help kick this off?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Troy
E3xtc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote E3xtc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 11:37pm
Additionally - if I try and download or output to AVI - it just sits there and never gets past 0%
BahamasSecurity View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Programmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BahamasSecurity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 12:19am
Hi, that sounds alot like a network issue of some kind.

Is there anything different about the networking/Internet with the computer in question? Is this being done remotely or local?

Are you able to get into the device config with PSS?

Were you and the other person using the same login?
Both admins?

Just throwing the usual questions out there
Admin
Admin
Programmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BahamasSecurity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 12:23am
Another thing to try is copy the entire PSS folder from program files to a folder in your user / documents folders, or desktop even. Then remove MSIEXEC.exe from that new copied folder. Then uninstall PSS and remove the PSS folder from program files, so there is no installed trace.

Also remove other traces of PSS, at the bottom of this page you will find info on the PSS location in the user data path:
http://www.bahamassecurity.com/articles/dahua-pss-tips.asp
Delete the PSS folder from the virtual store area, when UAC is enabled that is where the PSS skins and data is stored. Note you will have to create your device in PSS again.

Check security on that new folder, make sure you have total read and write access (full control) as an admin and user, also disable UAC on your computer. Make that new PSS run as admin, and leave compatibility as default (I think I had an issue one time with that).

Best to do one thing at a time and test each time before trying the next, as you might want UAC enabled once you get it working.

Check your DPI settings, set to normal if not already.
OR try using my PSS DPI fix.
http://www.bahamassecurity.com/cctv-software/dahua-software/dahua-pss-dpi-fix.asp

And more ..
display settings, for hardware acceleration: "Disable all acceleration functions except basic acceleration".
E3xtc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote E3xtc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 1:01am
Oh I feel like such an ar$e....it came down to the user config...I had setup a new user to use with PSS (as an admin) and I was sure I didn't uncheck anything (so assume everything was checked by default)....and playback and backup was removed; hence no playback (doh) and no downloading/converting to AVI (backup)....hate it when the easiest things are overlooked.
That was a waste of a day...but thank you for kicking some sense into my method

On another note - with the clarity, I am running at fill 1080 but when I zoom in onto a cars licence plate that is about 7 meters away (at an angle) there is no chance of reading it....what would be the settings to tweek here?

Where are the DPI settings? Is that within the PSS or the camera config itself?

Thanks so much for your help
Admin
Admin
Programmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BahamasSecurity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 1:09am
DPI is a setting on the computer.
Basically if its not default then everything is bigger, icons etc, and PSS runs at default DPI setting for all its images/skins so if DPI is set higher than normal then PSS config windows will look all messed up.

1080P, depends is that a megapixel camera, or do you just mean the DVR output to monitor, or your computer resolution?

Also check you are connecting in Main stream, and that on the DVR/NVR it is set to highest resolution, eg. D1 or higher for main stream.

Also the zoom in PSS is digital so for analog it will get pixelized, unless you have a PTZ then you would use the PTZ zoom control.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic